Prepare this recipe in the summertime when you’re craving a dessert that’s not too heavy. Lemon rind and juice provide tartness, which is balanced by the sweetness of the fresh berries. This dessert is not quite a pudding and not quite a cake it’s something in between. A puddinglike layer forms under the tender cake topping as it bakes. It tastes best when served warm.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 3 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 28 Minutes
- 1 (9-ounce) package yellow cake mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free milk
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 lemon
- Cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups mixed berries
- Frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Grate rind, and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 1 teaspoon and 2 tablespoons, respectively. Stir rind and juice into batter just until blended. Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour boiling water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Spoon cake into 8 individual serving bowls; top with berries and whipped topping, if desired. Serve warm.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.