We updated classic bread pudding by baking the bread in a chocolate-pudding mixture topped with chocolate covered caramel candies. While the dessert bakes, the center becomes moist and the candies melt, creating a sweet chocolate-caramel sauce. For added goodness, top the warm pudding with ice cream, and drizzle it with caramel sauce before serving.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 8 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 38 Minutes
- 2½ cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package sugar-free chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 7 cups (1⁄2-inch) cubed Italian bread
- Cooking spray
- 2 (1.7-ounce) packages chocolate-covered caramel candies (such as Rolo), chopped
- Vanilla fat-free ice cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free caramel sundae syrup (such as Smucker’s)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in bread until coated. Pour bread mixture into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with chopped candy.
- Bake at 350° for 38 minutes. Spoon pudding evenly into each of 6 individual serving bowls; top each serving with ice cream, if desired, and drizzle evenly with syrup.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.