A zesty lemon pie to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
- 1¼ cups unsoaked dates (soaked)
- ¾ cup poppy seeds (ground)
- 1(13 ounce) pack firm silken tofu
- ¼ cup soy yogurt
- 1 organic lemon zest
- 1 organic lemon juice
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup erythritol/organic zero sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
How to Make It
- Preheat the main oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 7” springform pan with parchment paper.
- Soak the dates. Put the dates in a small bowl with hot tap water and allow them to sit for between 60-90 minutes. Drain.
- In a food blender or processor combine the drained dates along with the poppy seeds and on pulse, process until the mixture becomes compact.
- Using the back of a tablespoon evenly spread the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Rinse out the processor and the filling ingredients to the bowl or pitcher. Process until silky and pour over the crust base in the pan. Spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for between 20-30 minutes, or until the edges of the pie crust firm up.
- Remove the pie from the oven and run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan to prevent sticking and cracking.
- Put the pie to one side to cool.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to chill before serving.