An over 21 rum infused cheesecake to serve after a dinner party or at a family get- together.
- Yield: 12
- Total Time: 3 Hours
- 1 cup almonds (ground)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ⅔ cup margarine
- 24 ounces firm tofu
- 1½ cups demerara sugar
- 7 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup sunflower seed oil
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
How to Make It
- Preheat the main oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almonds along with the flour. Cut in the margarine until you form a dough. Press the dough into the bottom of a 9" springform pan, to around halfway up the pan sides.
- Using a food blender, crumble the firm tofu. Next, add the demerara sugar along with the cocoa powder, sunflower seed oil, dark rum, soy milk and vanilla extract. Blitz until silky smooth.
- Carefully, pour the filling mixture into the prepared crusts.
- Transfer to the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the filling sets.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool on a baking rack before transferring to the refrigerator to chill.