- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 small-to-medium sweet potato, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sweet butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted sweet butter, for grilling
- 2 slices honey whole wheat bread
- 3 large marshmallows, halved
- 3–4 slices sweet/soft apple (McIntosh)
- 1⁄4 cup Havarti
- 1⁄4 cup Gruyère
How to Make It
- Microwave sweet potato on high for 4–5 minutes, or until fork-tender. Let cool. Peel off skin and discard. Slice potato into 1⁄4" rounds. Drizzle 1⁄2 tablespoon of sweet butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto potato slices.
- Brush the remaining melted butter on the outside of the 2 slices of bread. In an unheated sauté pan, place 1 slice of bread butter side down, followed by the sliced sweet potato, marshmallows, apple slices, Havarti, and Gruyère. Place other slice of bread on top, butter side up. Turn burner to medium heat.
- Let sandwich cook for 5–7 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown.
- Cut on the diagonal and serve warm.