- Yield: 4 croquettes
- 3 cups Gary’s Croquette
- 3 cups white asparagus
- ¼ cup Creamy Chestnut Sauce
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup raw carrot pieces
- ¼ cup yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup cooked toasted kasha
- 1/3 cup cooked millet
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- ½ cup unsweetened cooked chestnuts
- ½ cup rice milk (Rice Dream)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pecans dash of cinnamon
How to Make It
- Divide the croquettes evenly between two plates; top with white asparagus.
- Next drizzle on the chestnut sauce and sprinkle with nuts. Gary’s Croquettes
- In a blender or food processor combine sunflower seeds, almond butter, carrots, celery, onion, parsley, dill, & spices.
- Process for 20 seconds; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the kasha, millet & sprouts.
- Shape the mixture into two to four croquettes; bread both sides with the oats. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the croquettes over high heat for 5 minutes or until light brown in color.
- Serve with salad and almost any dressing. These can also be frozen for up to three weeks. Chestnut Sauce
- Combine the above ingredients in a blender or food processor; process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve over grains, soba noodles, or vegetables.