- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 pound fresh or frozen field peas
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Stone House Seasoning
How to Make It
- Put the field peas, green beans, bacon, and onion in a large Dutch oven set over high heat and cover them by about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook until the peas are tender (they should feel soft when pressed against the side of the pot with the back of a wooden spoon), about 40 minutes. The peas may produce a bit of foam as they cook; use a spoon to skim the foam from the top of the peas and discard it.
- Add the seasoning mix and serve.