If desired, pan-fry cakes in about 3 Tbsp. butter instead of oil until golden.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 lb fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 qt vegetable oil
How to Make It
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in crabmeat and crackers. Shape mixture into 8 patties. Place patties on a wax paper–lined baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 375° in a large deep skillet. Fry patties, in batches, in hot oil 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.