- Yield: 6 Servings
- 6 large eggs, preferably farm-fresh organic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 dashes red Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallots
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Sweet paprika, for garnish
How to Make It
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When cooled, peel the eggs and halve them lengthwise. Carefully scoop the yolks into a medium bowl.
- To the yolks, add the mayonnaise, mustard, Tabasco, and shallots. Mash with a fork until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Mound the yolk mixture back into the whites with a spoon (or pastry bag for a more finished look). Garnish with chives and a sprinkle of paprika.