- Yield: 4 Servings
- Scant 2 cups (450 ml) brewed strong coffee, warm
- ½ cup (100 g) organic granulated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Grated chocolate or cocoa powder, optional
How to Make It
- Combine the coffee, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved. Alternatively, use a high-powered blender to combine on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a Pyrex casserole dish and place in the freezer and stir every 30 minutes, with a fork or whisk, until frozen. This will take about 2 hours.
- Using a fork, scrape and further break up the granita.
- Store the snow in an airtight container in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, chill small glasses or bowls in the freezer, then place between ½ and 1 cup (75 and 150 g) of the granita in each. Top with a heavy dollop of cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate or cocoa, if desired.