Not only is this the best cream of mushroom soup, it can be used in any recipe in which you usually use canned cream of mushroom soup. The difference will shock you.
- Yield: 4
- Preparation Time: 6 Hours 20 Minutes
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups finely chopped Portabella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 2½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoons thyme
- ¼ teaspoons oregano
- ¼ teaspoons grated nutmeg
How to Make It
- Melt the butter in the slow cooker and sauté the onions and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the beef broth and stir until the liquid has thickened.
- Add the salt, pepper, herbs and nutmeg and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Pour in the half and half and cook for 15 minutes.