This tomato-based seafood soup was created by Pacific fishermen, who used their left-over catch to create their dinner food. The broth is incredible, so bring a large loaf of sourdough bread to the table.
- Yield: 6
- 28-oz canned tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken or fish broth
- 1 teaspoon or more Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz grouper, tilapia or other firm white fish
- ½ lb scallops
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 lb little neck clams
How to Make It
- Add all ingredients except the seafood to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add the seafood and cook for 25 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and any unopened clams.