Make this pudding before you go to bed, and you will wake up to an omega-rich treat ready to go. Hemp Hearts and chia seeds both contain heart-healthy omega-3 fats, which play a crucial role in keeping inflammation under control. Two tablespoons of Hemp Hearts have 7 to 11 grams of complete protein; 2 tablespoons of chia seeds have 5 grams of fiber.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut beverage (or store-bought)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts, more to serve
- 2 Tbsp raw liquid honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp pink rock or gray sea salt
- Raw cacao nibs, to taste
- Combine all the pudding ingredients in a 1-quart (4-cup) Mason jar. Seal with the lid and shake vigorously, or mix with a spoon until well combined.
- For individual servings, you can transfer the pudding into four 1-cup jars, if you like. If desired, top the pudding with cacao nibs and/or more Hemp Hearts. Seal jar(s) with lids.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight, until thickened.