- Yield: 16 biscotti
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups almond or hazelnut flour
- ⅓ cup raw slivered almonds
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened dried cherries, chopped
- pinches ground cinnamon
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and eggs until thick and pale yellow. Beat in the vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the nut flour, then fold in the slivered almonds and dried cherries.
- As best you can, divide the dough in half (it will be very sticky). Shape each half into a log 6 to 8 inches long and 2 inches thick. (Using wet hands will help keep the dough from sticking to them.) Transfer the loaves to the pan, spacing at least 4 inches apart. Sprinkle each loaf with a touch of cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm. Remove the pan from the oven, and lower the heat to 275°F. Let the logs cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into ½-inch-thick rounds, and spread out in a single layer on the same baking sheet.
- Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, turning over once midway through. Bake until the biscotti are firm and dry to your liking. Let cool completely on the pan before serving.