- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 60 g quinoa
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small handful kale, stalks removed and leaves roughly chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30 g reduced-salt low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
- Place the quinoa and 1 cup (250 ml) of water in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10–12 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add the quinoa and stir to combine. Add the kale and cook for 1–2 minutes or until wilted, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Fill a saucepan with water until 8 cm deep. Add the vinegar and bring to the boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to medium–low. The water should just be simmering. Break the eggs into the water and cook for 2–3 minutes for a semi-soft yolk or 3–4 minutes for a firm yolk. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on paper towel.
- To serve, place the quinoa and kale mixture in a large serving bowl. Top with the tomato and poached eggs and sprinkle over the feta.