- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 batch Sugar Cookies cut using a balloon or circle cookie cutter
- 1 batch Cookie Glaze Icing
- 2–3 drops each of the following AmeriColor gels: Avocado (green balloons), Gold (yellow balloons), and a mixture of Sky Blue and Navy Blue (blue balloons)
How to Make It
- Separate your icing into four bowls, adding only a small amount to one of the bowls. Color three of the bowls with your desired colors, making sure to leave the bowl with the least amount of icing white to create the highlight in your balloon.
- Place each colored icing in a separate cake-decorating bag with a tip.
- To decorate your cookie, choose an icing color and use it to outline two cookies at a time with icing.
- Go back and fill in the first cookie with the same color icing and then repeat with the second cookie. I like to only do two cookies at a time so the gel dries nicely and doesn’t leave a ridge.
- Repeat until all of your cookies have been iced with blue, green, or yellow icing.
- Allow the icing to dry for about 4–5 hours and then add a small white highlight in the shape of a thick line on the top right-hand side of each balloon.
- Let the Balloon Sugar Cookies air-dry on your counter until the icing has completely hardened, about 10 hours, then enjoy!