You can toast the walnut halves quickly in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Stir frequently, and remove them from the heat as soon as you begin to smell that wonderful nutty aroma.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 7 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 Minutes
- 2 (5-ounce) bags arugula
- 2 red pears, cored and cut lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips (about 2 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons walnut halves, toasted
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad, and toss gently to coat.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.