This satisfying pasta salad features three-cheese tortellini, which comes in a variety of flavors. Try either the chicken or mushroom version for a different variation. Freeze leftover tortellini in a zip-top plastic bag to use later in a soup or side dish.
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1⁄2 (9-ounce) package refrigerated rainbow three-cheese tortellini
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 6 drained canned quartered artichoke hearts
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 8 pitted kalamata olives
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook pasta in 1 quart boiling water 6 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus to boiling water, and cook 1 minute. Drain in a colander, and rinse with cold water until cooled. Drain.
- While pasta and asparagus cook, combine roasted bell peppers and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add tortellini and asparagus; toss gently.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.