- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Hours
- 6 baking apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- ¾ tsp Asian five-spice powder
- ¼ cup apple juice
How to Make It
- Place prepared apples in the slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the slow cooker, stirring gently to coat apples.
- Cover and cook on Low 4–5 hours, or until apples are as tender as you want them.
- Serve the apples sliced or mashed, and warm, cold, or at room temperature.
- These versatile apples may be served as a side dish with ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans amandine, cornbread, pecan tarts, or as a topping for toast!
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.