- Yield: 24 Servings, 1 biscotti per serving
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole almonds
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, eggs, and vanilla; mix well with a spoon. Stir in almonds until well blended. (The dough will be thick and sticky.) Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape into 6-inch loaves. Place loaves on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 25 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°F. Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Cut loaves into ½-inch slices. Lay the slices cut-side down on the baking sheet, and bake 15 more minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake another 15 minutes, or until very crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small, microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave 30 to 60 seconds, or until smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Spoon chocolate into a resealable plastic bag and snip off a small piece of the corner. Squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate over the biscotti. Let sit at room temperature to set. Store in an airtight container.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.