Why is it that salty crunchiness and sweet chocolate makes for the best stress relief? Don’t just make these for the kids; they are good treats for parents too!
- Yield: 2 dozen
- ½ cup (85 g) Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) rice milk or safe milk alternative
- ½ cup (75 g) Enjoy Life Not Nuts! Beach Mambo trail mix
- ¼ cup (18 g) Enjoy Life Perky O’s cereal or safe rice flakes cereal, crushed (optional)
How to Make It
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together chocolate chips, shortening, and rice milk until melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in trail mix and crushed cereal.
- Drop tablespoons of chocolate mixture onto aluminum foil or nonstick parchment paper. With a spoon, shape the mixture into clusters.
- Chill completely in the refrigerator before serving. Refrigerate leftovers on a covered plate.