Truly refreshing, this colourful combination is a great way to finish off a rich or heavy meal with some added ginger to kick-start the digestion.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3½ oz (100 g) caster or granulated sugar
- 2 oz (50 g) root ginger, peeled and sliced finely
- 4 apricots
- 1 mango
- ¼ watermelon
How to Make It
- Place 200 ml (7 fl oz) water, the sugar and ginger in a small saucepan on a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, simmer for 2 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Slice the apricots towards the stone to form about eight segments per fruit. Peel the mango and slice into nice thin slices, again towards the stone. Cut the flesh of the watermelon off the skin, then slice into segments, then into chunks, removing any seeds. Place all the fruit in a bowl and pour over the syrup.
- Chill in the fridge and serve as a lovely refreshing dessert.