This is a recipe I created while travelling through Italy. It features so many flavours that pair perfectly with farro wheat. A delicious dish that is packed full of goodness.
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup (130 g) cooked artichokes in oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 tbsp pitted black olives
- 6 runner beans, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (¼ cup) nutritional yeast
- ½ cup (80 g) farro wheat
- Oregano leaves, to garnish
- Basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F/gas 4.
- Put the tomatoes, artichokes, capers, olives and runner beans in a baking dish, add the oil and mix together, then season with salt and nutritional yeast and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 250ml (1 cup) salted water in a pan, tip in the farro wheat and simmer for 30 minutes. Once cooked, drain, then tip the farro into a serving dish, and mix in the baked vegetables.
- Serve garnished with the oregano leaves and basil, if you like.