- Yield: 4 Servings
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped; reserve some for garnish
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped; reserve some for garnish
- 1 pound green beans, steamed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
How to Make It
- Heat the vegetable broth in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the onion, garlic, and green and red bell pepper until the onion is translucent.
- Place the steamed green beans and flaxseed meal in a food processor and purée. Add the sautéed vegetables, walnuts, basil, thyme, parsley, salt, pepper, and cayenne and pulse until well mixed.
- Garnish with green and red bell pepper. Serve on toasted whole wheat bread.