- Yield: 4 Servings
- 70 g veal loin tournedos
- 100 g veal rump escalope, flattened
- Oil for searing
- 100 g mince veal trimmings
- 50 g cream
- ½ egg
- 2 tbsp porcini oil
- 50 g chestnut mushroom, duxelle
- 4 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 15 g cognac
Chicken Broth and Cep Oil Espuma and To Serve
- 100 g cep oil
- 50 g hazelnut oil
- 50 g olive oil
- 300 g chicken stock
- Drop truffle oil
- 2 g iota
- 1 g glice
- 16 girolle or chanterelle Mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Black truffle, sliced
- Micro celery leaves
How to Make It
Loins and Stuffed Rumps
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients together and leave to marinade for one hour.
- Wrap the stuffing in the 4 flattened rump veal escalopes, and roll tightly in cling film. Prepare to sous vide them by placing into a vacuum pouch, with a little porcini oil, and set aside.
- Prepare the 4 loin tournedos for sous vide by placing into a vacuum pouch, with a teaspoon of porcini oil and a pinch of Maldon salt.
- Cook both cuts of meat in a water bath at 55⁰C for 1½ hours. Espuma
- Warm together the cep, hazelnut, olive and truffle oils to 60⁰C, with the glice.
- Warm the chicken stock to 80⁰C with the iota.
- Put the oil mixture into a Vitamix (mixer) and slowly add the stock mixture to create an emulsion.
- Adjust the seasoning and put into a thermo siphon. To Serve
- Quickly sauté the girolle or chanterelle mushrooms with a little olive oil and seasoning in a frying pan and set aside in a warm place. Do not overcook them.
- Take the two cuts of meat out of the water bath. Remove from the pouches, remove the cling film, and sear the rumps and escaolpes quickly, in oil, on all sides. Arrange one loin and one neatly sliced, stuffed rump on each plate, with the espuma and the sautéed mushrooms. Decorate with the truffle and micro celery leaves.