I like to bake my veggie curly fries because it’s a little easier, but sometimes I’m really in the mood for actual fried fries. For this recipe, turnip noodles are trimmed into curly fry–size pieces and then fried in a shallow pan with ghee. Ghee is clarified butter with a high smoke point, so it’s ideal for frying veggies. Plus, it’s absolutely delicious and adds a great nutty quality to the dish.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 3 small round turnips, peeled, spiralized, and trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the ghee. Working in batches, add the turnip fries and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until they start to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the fries from the skillet to a paper towel–lined plate, repeat with the remaining noodles, and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.