You can make this delicious turkey burger on the stove for a quick weekday meal or on the grill at a fight-night apartment-balcony cookout.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
How to Make It
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, beaten egg, salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and melted butter with your hands or a wooden spoon. Shape the mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties. Place the patties on a small baking sheet or dinner plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or up to overnight. (Patties can be made 1 day ahead.)
- Spray a large (12-inch) cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add the patties to the skillet and cook on one side for 5 minutes, or until the patties begin to brown. Flip the patties and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve on hamburger buns with toppings of your choice.