Modest in appearance yet boasting an intense flavor and a made-from-scratch taste, this simple, satisfying chocolate pudding is the quintessential weeknight dessert. Place plastic wrap on the surface of the hot pudding to prevent a skin from forming during chilling.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 19 Minutes
- 1 (5-ounce) package chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 cups 1% low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Semisweet chocolate shavings (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chopped chocolate and vanilla, stirring with a whisk until chocolate melts. Cool 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1⁄2 cup pudding into each of 8 individual serving bowls. Serve warm, or cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap, and chill thoroughly. Top each serving with whipped topping, if desired; sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.