- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 portion semifreddo
- 9 oz (250 g) mascarpone (to replace 150 ml/5 fl oz cream)
- 3½ fl oz (100 ml) marsala wine
- 12 sponge finger
- 5 fl oz (150 ml) espresso
- Cocoa powder, to decorate
How to Make It
- Make the semifreddo according to the basic recipe, but leave out the vanilla pod and reduce the amount of cream to 250 ml (9 fl oz).
- Whisk the mascarpone with the marsala and carefully add the yolk, the whipped cream and the whipped egg whites.
- Line an oblong loaf tin with clingfilm.
- Put a little of the ice cream mixture into the bottom of the tin and dip one biscuit at a time into the cold espresso. Place a layer of biscuits in the tin and top with some of the ice cream. Repeat the procedure again.
- Lightly tap the tin against the work surface so any air bubbles dissipate. Freeze it for 3–4 hours so that it is half frozen; it should still be a little soft in the middle.
- Turn out the tiramisu onto a serving plate and remove the clingfilm. Dust with cocoa, to decorate.