Welcome to my Dessert called “The Viking”. I think it resembles a Viking ship.
- Yield: 4 Servings
Dark Chocolate Shape and White Chocolate and Lime Parfait
- Cacao Barry dark chocolate 67% Or Noir” Merrion Hotel”)
- 8 egg yolks
- 150 g caster sugar
- 50 g water
- 100 g Cacao Barry melted white chocolate
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 650 g semi whipped cream
Passion Fruit and Mango Sorbet and Brioche
- 500 g passionfruit
- 500 g mango
- 350 g sugar
- 400 g water
- 500 g flour
- 20 g yeast
- 7 g salt
- 60 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 250 g butter, softened
Hazelnut Ganache Filling for Brioche
- 1 kg milk chocolate
- 150 g Cacao Barry pure
- hazelnut paste
- 100 g Cacao Barry Cara Crakine
- 200 g cream
- 200 g butter, softened
- 150 g glucos
How to Make It
Dark Chocolate Shape
- Temper chocolate and comb along a strip of accetate 300 mm x 45 mm, mould to required shape.
- Use freeze spray or wait for chocolate to crystallize. White Chocolate and Lime Parfait
- Boil together the sugar and water until it reaches 118°C.
- Pour this onto whisking egg yolks, and whisk till cool.
- Add lime zest, juice and melted white chocolate.
- Fold in semi whipped cream and pipe into tube shapes and place in freezer. Passion Fruit and Mango Sorbet
- Mix all the ingredients together and bring to the boil.
- Allow to cool in a blast chiller or a cool place.
- Pour into ice cream machine and turn until smooth and creamy frozen.
- Remove from the machine and place into the freezer until you need for service. Brioche
- Place flour, sugar, salt and yeast into bowl of mixer, with spade attachment, and mix.
- Add eggs and mix until a paste is achieved.
- Add the softened butter and mix well then remove from bowl, cover and place the in fridge overnight.
- To use brioche, roll out thinly to about 10 mm then, using a 30 mm round cutter, cut out discs and allow to prove.
- Gentle fry like you would a doughnut, drain and allow to cool, then gently dust in cinnamon and sugar. Hazelnut Ganache Filling For Brioche
- Boil cream with glucose and praline then add to chocolate and crakine.
- Soften butter and fold into the mixture.
- Allow mix to crystallise before using. Assembly
- Pierce a hole in one side of a brioche sphere and pipe in the ganache, the brioche should be served at room temperature.
- Remove acetate from a chocolate shape and place it directly onto the plate, securing with a little ganache.
- Place a cylinder shaped parfait on the left hand lower curve.
- Place the room temperature, ganache filled doughnut on the right hand lower curve.
- At the last minute before serving, ball scoop the sorbet and place it very gently on the upper curve with mint to finish.