Serve up a deliciously different side dish with barbecued or grilled meats.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15½ oz cans hominy, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup hredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
How to Make It
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to drain on paper towels; reserve drippings in skillet. Sauté onion and jalapeño in reserved drippings until tender. Add garlic and cook one to 2 minutes longer. Stir in hominy, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; stir in one cup each of Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Spoon mixture into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, bacon and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.