This dough is full of real strawberry flavor, and that’s what makes it so delicious. Homemade strawberry jam gives the dough a true fresh strawberry flavor instead of an artificial one. The vanilla bean paste adds a beautiful vanilla undertone that gives the strawberry flavor its “cream” counterpart.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2¼ cups (282 g) heat-treated all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 batch of strawberry jam
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. It should take about 30 seconds on high. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when done.
- Add the vanilla bean paste to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix on low until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Gently swirl the jam throughout the dough with a spoon.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.