- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 10 oz (300 g) young asparagus, cut into bite-sized lengths
- 5 oz (150 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup Thai Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
How to Make It
- Heat a wok until very hot then add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and shrimp and stir-fry until the asparagus is just tender and shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Stir-fry then add the Thai Chicken Stock and cornstarch mixture and simmer for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a plate, sprinkle with pepper and serve hot.
- In Thailand main courses are usually served with rice. The dishes are served at once, and stay on the table throughout the meal. The recipes here serve four as part of a shared meal.