- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups (500 ml) peanut oil
- 2 lb (900 g) chicken wings, tips removed
- ½ cup (125 ml) flour
- 4 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
How to Make It
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, heat oil to about 375°F (190°C).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place chicken wings in a sturdy plastic bag with flour, and shake until wings are covered—you may need to do this in 2 batches. Place half the wings gently into pan, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Flip and cook for 6 minutes on other side. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels, and repeat with second batch of wings.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine Sriracha, butter, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add fried wings and toss to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot and sprinkled with chopped scallions.