I love pickled red onions on almost anything and they’re so easy to make! I serve them with burgers and on top of salads and often just eat them on their own. Spiralizing an onion is so much quicker and easier than slicing or dicing it, so these quick-pickled onion noodles are a favorite.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- ½ cup apple cider or rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, spiralized
- In a small pot over high heat, bring the vinegar, water, honey, salt, peppercorns, and mustard seeds to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Pack the onion noodles into jars and pour the brine over them. Allow to cool to room temperature before covering and refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.