This Mexican-inspired vegetarian meal is quick and well-balanced. Go easy on the oil and cheese if fat triggers your symptoms and omit the tomatoes if you have reflux. You can swap the spinach for bok choy or kale or add some ground meat for extra protein. Have half a quesadilla per sitting.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 0.66 cup (150 g) cottage cheese
- 2 cups (60 g) baby spinach leaves
- 8 large low-FODMAP tortillas
- 1 cup (164 g) corn kernels, cut from a fresh cob
- 1 tomato, diced (omit for reflux)
- 1 spring onion, sliced finely (green part only)
- 1 teaspoon garlic-infused oil (omit for reflux)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1½ cups (180 g) grated mature cheese
- Preheat the broiler in the oven. Place the cottage cheese and spinach in a food processor and process to a paste. Place 4 tortillas on a baking sheet and spread the mixture over the tortillas.
- Combine the corn, tomato (if using), and spring onion. Season and spoon onto the tortillas over the spinach mixture. Combine the olive oil and garlic oil (if using) and drizzle over the corn mixture. Top each with another tortilla. Scatter the cheese over the tortillas and drizzle a little more oil over them. Place them in the oven under the broiler until the cheese is bubbling and golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.