The sweetness of fresh corn combined with the kick of ancho pepper powder with some sourness from feta cheese and lime zest makes for an amazing between-meals snack. This whole dish hinges on the corn, so the sweeter you can find the better. Corn can vary widely in its tenderness, so it’s often best to try a kernel raw before cooking it. This will give you an idea of how sweet and tender it already is and can inform your cooking time.
- Yield: 4 Servingsas a side
- 4 ears of corn
- Ancho pepper powder
- 2 limes, for zesting
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
For the Corn
- Preheat the water bath to 183°F (83.9°C).
- Remove the husks from the corn and discard. Place the corn into the sous vide bag in a single layer. Seal the bag and cook them for around 15 to 25 minutes until tender. To Assemble
- Remove the corn from the sous vide bag. Salt and pepper the corn then lightly sprinkle with the ancho pepper powder. Zest the lime over the top, crumble the feta cheese on the corn and top with the fresh cilantro then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.