The mixture of crunchy sesame seeds and sharp sherry vinegar makes this a perfect accompaniment for pan-seared fish or grilled flank steak. The Aleppo pepper adds a tiny bit of heat and a lot of complex tart and fruity pepper flavor: Look for it in specialty markets or online. Store, without the vinegar, in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to one day. Stir in the vinegar just before serving.
- Yield: 0.75 CUPS
- 1 packed cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 0.33 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Combine the parsley, oregano, sesame seeds, garlic, pepper, oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt.