Here is a wonderful Indian recipe for a side dish that is sure to be a hit. You will sauté peas, cauliflower and carrots and add roasted ginger and cumin seeds for a tender, tasty dish.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 2 tsp of oil, olive
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 tbsp of ginger, grated or chopped finely
- 1 chopped green chili
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- ½ head of floret-chopped cauliflower
- ¾ cup of carrots, chopped
- ½ cup of peas
How to Make It
- Heat oil to med-high in large sized pan.
- Add the cumin seeds. Roast till they are fragrant, then reduce the heat to med.
- Add chili and ginger. Cook for two to three minutes, till chili turns golden.
- Add carrots and cauliflower. Cover pan and cook for four to five minutes.
- Add the turmeric, peas and salt. Combine thoroughly. Reduce the heat down to low. Cover. Cook till cauliflower becomes tender, or about 15-20 minutes. Top with cilantro and serve.