Cauliflower and garlic are irresistable when roasted and paired with chicken that has marinated in lime juice and spices.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets, about 2 lb (1 kg) in total
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10.33 lb (600 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- ½ cup cold water
- 4 tbsp butter
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Spread the cauliflower and garlic on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced chicken with the lime juice, cumin, turmeric, and paprika until well coated.
- In a large non-stick pan, melt the coconut oil over high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, spreading it out evenly, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the arrowroot powder and cold water in a small bowl and whisk to make a slurry.
- Flip the chicken to the other side, pour in the slurry, and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and add the butter. Stir until the butter has completely melted.
- To assemble the meals, divide the chicken and cauliflower evenly among 4 containers, and pour sauce over top.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.