- Yield: 2 Servings
- ½ pound fresh kale or Swiss chard
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 1/8 cup full-bodied EVOO
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons spearmint leaves
How to Make It
- Wash kale and cut off stems.
- Twist leaves tightly in a circular fashion and slice into very thin shreds. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, place potato, water, oil, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook slowly about 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Purée soup in food processor or blender.
- Return purée to soup pot and add kale strips, nutmeg, and spearmint.
- Cook about 15 minutes more or until kale is tender. Serve hot.