This full-flavored tomato and garlic sauce with a hint of chili is excellent with spaghetti. The breadcrumbs give a lovely crispy texture make sure they are very fine. Serve with dressed salad.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 11 oz (300 g) spaghetti
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 13⁄4 oz (50 g) very fine fresh brown breadcrumbs
- 1 finely grated lemon zest and juice
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chile, halved, seeded, and finely diced
- 11 oz (300 g) peeled cooked jumbo shrimp
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
How to Make It
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water according to package instructions. Drain
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil (1½ tablespoons for 12) in a deep frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and lemon zest, and fry for 1 minute or until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, stir in the shallot, garlic, and chile and fry for 3–4 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in the shrimp and tomatoes, then add the parsley and lemon juice.
- Stir in the spaghetti, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and heat through thoroughly. Stir in the breadcrumbs and serve immediately with the Parmesan.