This is a delicious 4–quart slow cooker sandwich. A classic favorite and great for parties.
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Total Time: 8 Hours
- 3 lb Ground Beef/Pork
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2½ cups red peppers (sweet, sliced)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 (12 oz) can beer
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (unrefined)
- hot pepper sauce (dash)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 16 round rolls (cut open and toasted)
- assorted toppings: pickle slices/pickled peppers, etc.
How to Make It
- Over medium heat, fry the meat, onions and garlic until the meat is brown and the onions are tender. Be careful not to over-cook. Drain excess fat.
- In your slow cooker, combine the meat mixture, sweet peppers, molasses, beer, sliced up celery, ketchup, mustard, chili powder, vinegar and hot sauce.
- Close the lid and cook on low for 6 –8 hours. If time is against you, use the high setting for 3–4 hours.
- Spoon the meat over the bottom halves of the toasted buns. Add your preferred toppings then close the buns. Enjoy!