This dish is a quick and easy one, but it feels special because it’s shrimp scampi! Shrimp scampi seems to me like the kind of dish you order when you’re out at a restaurant, so being able to throw together a quick and healthy Paleo version is great. I love the combination of zucchini noodles with butter, garlic, shrimp, and a splash of white wine. Don’t forget the fresh parsley to brighten the whole thing up and make it just as beautiful as it is delicious.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine (omit if strict Paleo)
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Once it starts to bubble, add the shrimp, cooking on one side for 2 minutes (don’t stir yet). After the first side has cooked, add the garlic and flip the shrimp, cooking on the other side for another 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and wine (if using) and give it a stir.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside, leaving the liquid in the pan. Add the zucchini to the skillet and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until fork-tender. Add the shrimp back in and toss to combine.
- Serve hot with chopped parsley on top.