The flavor of a long, slow simmer is achieved with soup mix.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 oz envelope Ranch dressing mix
- 1 oz envelope taco seasoning mix
- 16 oz cans pinto beans, undrained
- 14.5 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can black beans, undrained
- 14¾ can white creamed-style corn
- 4.5 can chopped green chiles, undrained
- Sour cream
- Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
How to Make It
- Cook beef and onion in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in dressing mix and taco seasoning. Add 1 cup water, pinto beans, and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.