- Yield: 8 Servings
Barrel-Aged Maple-Bourbon-Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup Burton’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (preferably Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white or black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless center-cut loin pork roast
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Make the Mustard Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients together until well blended. Set aside. Make the Pork Roast
- Mix together the salt and pepper, and rub it into the roast on all sides. Heat a Lodge 7-quart cast iron Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then sear the roast on all sides until golden brown.
- Cover the Dutch oven, transfer to the oven, and roast for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Baste the roast with about half the sauce, cover, and continue to roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 140°, another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let the roast stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Its temperature should continue to rise and finish around 145°. Slice the roast, and arrange on a serving platter. Pour the remaining sauce over the roast just before serving.