- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 500 g waxy potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 340 g tin corned beef, diced
- 250 g cooked beetroot, in natural juice, drained and diced
- 4 large free-range eggs
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan, add the potatoes and turn every now and again until almost cooked through. Add the onion and cook for another 2–3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the corned beef and the beetroot, season and heat through for a couple of minutes. Make four indentations and break the eggs into them.
- Cover the pan and let the eggs poach in the mixture: 5 minutes for runny yolks, 7 minutes for firm yolks. Serve immediately.