Quinoa is a complete protein with a full amino-acid profile, which means your body can utilise it really well. This porridge is perfect for a cold morning – comforting, warm and tasty, and it will fill you up and keep you going for hours.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- ¼ cup (50 g) quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (25 g) rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- ¼ cup (40 g) raisins
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup (125 ml) cashew milk or coconut milk
To serve (optional)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Handful of raisins
- Maple syrup
- Coconut milk
- Nuts, seeds, etc.
How to Make It
- Add the quinoa and oats to a small pan along with the cinnamon. Pour in 125 ml (½ cup) water and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the grated apple, raisins and ground flaxseed, then pour in the milk, stir and leave to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the porridge immediately, but go nuts and add all the goodness you like with one of the extra ingredients. I love this with a little dash of coconut milk and maple syrup! Delicious.