There is no need to spend hours over your oven if you want a delicious mole sauce. Give this simple recipe a try the next time you want a hot and hearty meal for your family.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon anise seed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 ½ ounces dried red chile pepper
- 1 ounce sesame seeds
- 4 ounces slivered almonds
- 1 slice torn white bread, small pieces
- 1 ½ ounce grated Mexican chocolate
- 64 ounce whole chicken, cut into pieces
How to Make It
- In a 96-ounce microwaveable casserole dish, combine butter, onion and garlic. Cover the dish and cook on low for 2-3 minutes until butter is melted and onion is tender.
- Add the rest of the Ingredients except for the chocolate and chicken and stir. Cover the dish and microwave for 10 minutes on high, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Stir Mexican chocolate into the mixture until melted and add chicken pieces. Coat each piece of chicken with sauce, cover the dish and cook on high for 30-35 minutes until meat starts to fall away from the bone. Rearrange chicken halfway through so it is cooked evenly.