A homemade barbecue sauce comes together quickly and is a great way to control sodium and added sugar.
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup unsalted ketchup
- 2½ Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 8)
- Cooking spray
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
How to Make It
- Combine first 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Place ½ cup ketchup mixture in a small bowl. Add chicken to remaining ketchup mixture; toss. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from ketchup mixture; discard ketchup mixture. Add chicken to pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with reserved ½ cup ketchup mixture. Remove chicken from pan; sprinkle with salt.
- Heat potatoes according to package directions. Serve with chicken.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.